Monday, April 24, 2006
Sunday, April 23rd
Norfolk 1, Richmond 0; W-Lima, L-O'Connor
Richmond 4, Norfolk 1; W-Smith, L-Wylie
- Jose Lima threw six shutout innings. Brian O'Connor pitched very well giving up only 2 hits and 1 run in 5 innings.
- Macay McBride pitched the sixth inning in another successful rehab appearance.
- The lone run was driven in by top Mets prospect, Lastings Milledge.
Montgomery 3, Mississippi 1; W-Magrane, L-Bueno
- In the second game of a double-header, Travis Smith continued his domination of AAA by going 6 innings, striking out 7, and giving up 1 run.
- The offense came from Smith as well as he had 2 hits, scored a run, and drove in a run.
- Luis Hernandez and Wes Timmons also had RBI's.
Rome 7, Augusta 6 (10); W-Hernandez, L-Foltin
- Francisco Bueno, who I admit I've never heard of, struck out 10 batters in 6 innings of pretty good work, although he was tagged with the loss.
- Will Startup finished the game off with 2 strikeouts in a scoreless ninth.
- Old man, Eddie Perez, had 3 hits and drove in the only run of the game for Mississippi.
- Tyler Bullock pitched decent with 5 innings, 6 hits, and 2 runs. Jeff Lyman got hit pretty hard in his 2.1 innings of work. Moises Hernandez walked 3 and gave up 3 hits but limited Augusta to just 1 run to get the win.
- Eric Campbell drove in 2 runs and stole his 5th base of the season. Ovandy Suero also swiped 2 bags. Quentin Davis had 2 more hits yesterday and is leading the team with a .365 average.